mercredi 26 octobre 2011

Milan Fashion Week Spring 09 - Gianfranco Ferré, Prada, Marni


I thought Gianfranco Ferré was a great start of Milan fashion week. Somehow I always feel drawn to architectural shapes and volumes - it fascinates me even though it might not be the most wearable thing in the world. Gianfranco Ferré's take on it was very balanced, not too over-the-top. After all this is still RTW although I do think it's got a very strong couture influence. Lovely to look at.


Not sure what to think of this collection. Somehow it's interesting but then again some looks were just plain ugly (I especially disliked the gold ones at the end). But as almost always with Prada, I'll have to look at it some more to really make up my mind. I often hate a look at first but then it grows on me...might also be due to the fact that no matter what Miuccia comes up with it's gonna be over all the editorials for months no matter how "ugly" it might be, haha.


I just had the post the shoes in detail - Marni shoes are always genius.
The collection is so fun and fresh, I love how she mixed so many colors, patterns and materials. The accessories were lovely too, especially the necklaces <3