mardi 15 novembre 2011

New York Fashion Week: Elise Øverland, Preen, Alexander Wang, Ruffian


I love the designer's take on metallics. I'm usually not one to be drawn to metallics but on these fabulous leather pants and jackets it actually looks really nice. And then there are these sexy rock n'roll party dresses which I loved too.




Alexander Wang's collection was probably one of the most anticipated shows in New York, especially in the blogsphere. I have to say I wasn't too impressed with what Mr. Wang presented. True, all the trends from last season were continued and there were some really nice individual pieces but overall I just didn't like the collection, the biker shorts, the cut off leggings and lots of ill fitting tops and jackets (yes, they were oversized but not in a nice looking way) didn't really do it for me.


As a sucker for everything girly, ruffly and romantic I absolutely adore this collection. So many nice individual pieces and gorgeously styled outfits.
I thought that somehow the collection looked like it was designed with Blair Waldorf in mind, I kept on picturing her in each of the looks =P The whole collection what very sophisticated and chic, I only disliked the few leopard looks but that's just due to my dislike of leopard print in general.